2 weeks ago
London 25K Permanent
We are great believers in hiring people that have all the right skills, even if they haven't done the exact job before. We want to provide opportunities to people who hiring managers 'couldn't picture doing the job'.
So if you're looking to progress your career in luxury travel, are a natural relationship builder and want to learn & grow in a role then read on......trust us, nobody at Lightning thought that they'd work in recruitment, but here we are (and loving it!!).
After launching Lightning at the tail end of 2019 (pre pandemic) thanks to everyone’s incredible support the business has gone from strength to strength and we are now a well known and exclusive brand within the luxury travel recruitment space.
We're proud activists that are constantly fighting for the travel industry to be better. You might have seen our '85% of CEO's are white men' candle featured in the Metro, Unilad or Independant? Or did you catch our Non-Binary finery CEO Chris featured in the Daily Mail? We're always fighting to make the industry a better place and using our platform to speak up for marginalised communities.
Activism aside, we're also pretty epic when it comes to recruitment. We've got over 100 five star Google Reviews and it brings us all the joy to say that we truly value and get to know PEOPLE. It's what makes our service so awesome, and why we're looking for someone as passionate about both the industry and the people within it to join us.
The Role: Executive Assistant | Sales & Marketing Coordinator
We're looking for someone who is super passionate about people. We're looking for someone who loves the luxury travel industry. We're looking for someone who wants to grow.
This role in its purest form is an admin heavy role, where you will be inputting data, scheduling meetings, managing diaries, taking calls etc but if you are willing to commit to us, then we will provide you with numerous opportunities to grow. The long term goal is to use this role to mentor candidates into becoming a consultant in the business, leading recruitment processes and earning their own commission....but this needs to be earned.
We first need you to take the time to understand how the business works, immerse yourself in making Chris & Ciaráns lives easier (they're incredibly busy right now) and completing all tasks to the best of your ability, ultimately being ahead of being asked to do things and getting to the stage where you tell the founders what needs to be done when it comes to admin.
NO EGOS NEED APPLY - both Chris and Ciarán started off their careers doing admin and it won't work if you come into this role thinking you're better than this (or us).
Things we’re super proud of
Both Chris and Ciarán come from a working class background, you don’t need to speak the queens English or be a native speaker to work for us.
Despite being founded less than 2 years ago, we’re already ranking #2 on Google when you search for Travel Recruitment.
We’re the #1 ranked Travel Recruitment agency in the UK on Google Maps with over 100 x 5* reviews.
We celebrate each others differences. We are constantly learning from each other. We champion diversity in all it's forms. We are proud activists in the travel industry.
We only work with our clients exclusively, meaning we get to know each of them really well and form strong bonds. There's no transactional behaviour here, we're all about long lasting relationships.
We have big plans for Lightning. Having had Ciarán join us from ILTM in August, he has hit the ground running and already owns his own clients and has made his first placements.
We are looking to continue to grow the business at a steady (but not unrealistic) pace, and this next role of Lifestyle Coordinator is an extremely important one for us to lay the foundations to continue to bring exciting talent on board, as we aim to take over the luxury travel recruitment market completely.
Day to Day
- Assisting Chris on our newly conceptualised monthly Diversity event series including confirming guestlist, speakers, sponsors, artists and helping with marketing.
- Assisting Chris and Ciarán on setting up meetings with new clients and candidates.
- Being a key contact for external suppliers, such as our SEO + PR agency to ensure nothing is missed (our inboxes are near unmanageable at the moment).
- Managing Chris's diary and being the key contact for all media and speaking enquiries for them.
- Helping with CRM processes.
- Daily admin in the form of inputting candidates CV's and personal details into our CRM system when they register (once they've been qualified by Ciarán or Chris).
- Taking ownership of the office number and ensuring all incoming calls are answered and messages/calls passed on to relevant team members.
- Researching e-marketing possibilities inc social media / email marketing etc.
- Responding as the company account on LinkedIn to ensure engagement remains high.
- Conceptualising marketing content for our instagram / weekly instagram takeovers (optional)
- Non Negotiable: must be incredibly passionate about the luxury travel industry and what Lightning is doing as a brand.
- We think this role would suit someone who comes from a hotel receptionist background and who has hit the glass ceiling, wanting to take their career to the next level.
- No degree needed
- No recruitment experience needed
- Can be based anywhere in the UK, but ideally London
- Is confident on the phone and video and tech savvy
- Is a natural salesperson (no formal training needed) with a huge love for the travel industry
- Is an advocate for diversity and LGBTQ rights
Remote working, but you can also utilise our office space in Shoreditch if London based
Every last Friday of each month off as a mandatory mental health day
Work from Europe policy - if you'd like to base yourself in an Air Bnb somewhere sunny that's fine with us, for up to 2 months a year
Birthday off each year
Core hours - 10am - 6pm daily, with 1 hour for lunch.
£25,000 PA basic regardless of experience.
Laptop and Phone provided + Pension Scheme
Budget for shared workspace allocated if outside of London
Start Date: January 2022