Our client is an independent, award-winning adventure travel company, running trips for over 25 years, using expertise and first-hand knowledge of selected destinations to carefully craft small group and tailor-made itineraries. They believe sustainable and immersive travel can be a powerful force for good; breaking down barriers, dispelling myths and bringing people from different cultures and communities together.
They are looking for an experienced and passionate travel lover to join their thriving sales team as an expert on all things India. You'll need to be sales driven, have a natural love for the destination and culture, be well travelled as an additional bonus and be focussed on providing excellent service to clients.
The Day to Day:
- Creating and selling tailor-made itineraries to India.
- Deal with client enquiries for both tailor-made and group tours by phone, email and website.
- Answering client queries and adding additional services requested.
- Create and manage group tour extensions.
- Developing your region to include new destinations and tailor-made products for the website and reservation system.
- Booking and managing ground services with our suppliers.
- Prepare client travel documentation such as pre-departure information, visas, travel letter and flight tickets.
- Assisting in marketing activities such as coming up with ideas for new products, special offers and writing short articles for our monthly e-mail newsletters.
- Working with Marketing department to come up with ideas for PR
- and social media.
- Learn about company products to sell other destinations where you have knowledge
- Contacting clients regarding upcoming or outstanding financial queries.
- Sign off on flight and ground agent invoices for tailor made tours.
- Sign off on flight invoices for group tours.
- Working with our Head of Sustainable Travel on all aspects of responsible and sustainable travel including single-use plastic reduction, carbon measuring and helping the company achieve B-Corp certification.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good knowledge of travel geography, Itineraries and visa requirements.
- You enjoy speaking and sharing your knowledge with customers.
- Attention to detail, ability to plan ahead, ability to set and work to deadlines, able to work on own initiative.
- Customer Service capabilities, able to deal with a variety of clients and strong multi-tasking skills.
- Patience and persistence in dealing with challenging situations.
- Excellent Telephone manner and organisation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer Literate and Numerate, able to prepare client invoices and receipts
- Understanding of what the adventure/cultural traveller wants to
- General Knowledge and interest in travel.
The Small Print:
- £30,000- £35,000 + Commission
- Hybrid working, 1 day per week in office
- 22 days holiday per year
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Company Pension (3% employer contribution and 5% employee contribution)
- Regular team socials
- Fam trips
- Paid volunteer days
- Long service sabbaticals