This client is big on luxury and has golf holidays down to a tee. The team is rebuilding after Covid, so they have space for two more sales consultants to come in and sell some stunning locations around the world. If you have an interest in golf, this client should be right up your street!
This client is looking for self-starters with luxury travel sales experience. Exceptional customer service and an ability to hit sales targets is key in this role. Experience selling golf holidays is not required, but an interest in golf is desirable.
A key part of this role is to grow and nurture your portfolio of golf clients to ensure repeat business and convert new prospects, all while providing a high touch-point service.
Day to Day...
- To sell the clients' products to new clients and develop a new database of repeats
- Identify each client’s needs and preferences to propose products that meet their needs and expectations
- Ensure sales opportunities are maximised
- To report to the Sales Team Leader and work and support for the good of the team at all times
- Use your knowledge of golf destinations to identify each client’s specific needs and preferences so that recommendations and options can be offered
- Handle golf enquiries and reservation requests from clients, completing reservations using company-nominated systems
- Give accurate quotations to each client and effectively convert to booking
- Identify any operational problems or potential complaints as soon as they are apparent, so that they can be resolved as quickly as possible
- Work closely with your Sales Support Executive to ensure the highest level of post-booking service and accurate documentation for all bookings
- Respond and follow up/or work with your Sales Support Exec to follow up on all client requests
- Develop product knowledge by participating in relevant FAM trips and undertaking independent visits as necessary
- Strive to hit and exceed your sales and margin targets by proactively responding to and generating enquiries
- Store accurate information relating to our clients
- Ensure quality control procedures are maintained and continually improved
- Represent the client in a professional manner at client and supplier events
- Attend and fully participate in team meetings and training.
- Proactively deal with customer feedback and complaints seeking support and guidance as appropriate
- You are passionate about golf and play
- Strong booking and processing skills
- Knowledge of GDS, preferably Amadeus
- Proven ability to close sales
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft’s Office
- Excellent travel industry and worldwide golf travel knowledge
- Client and service focus
- Ability to work under pressure
- Positive and helpful attitude, as well as being a good ambassador for the business
- Courteous and friendly manner
- Adaptable to change
- Outstanding communication skills, spoken and written, with an excellent command of English
- Good administrative and numerical skills
- High level of personal organisation, time management and workload prioritisation
- Ability to work well in a team and under your own initiative
- High level of accuracy and attention-to-detail for professional presentation of all documentation
- Conscientious and demonstrate integrity
- Results-orientated with a focus on high quality and business profit
The Small Print...
- Herts/London Based in Bushey Heath
- Hybrid & Remote working options available on completion of training
- Competitive Salary £30,000-£33,000 Depending on Experience
- Commission Scheme 5% Of Booking Margin Uncapped
- Minimum of 2x Familiarisation Visits Per Year
- Discounted Personal Flights & Holidays.