With hub offices in London but being set up (pre-covid) to support remote working this company has already been listed as number 2 in London's best startups and number 3 in Flexa's most flexible companies to work for. It's also been listed as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies to accelerate your career in 2021, and shares all of Lightning's values. We're so excited to be working on these roles exclusively directly with the hiring manager.
Cool Story bro...tell me some more?
If you’re keen to be on the frontline of creating never-before-seen travel technology
experiences, you belong with our client....they're out there solving an exciting, complex problem that has held back the hotel industry, if not the entire travel industry, for 20 years.
Forget following emerging technology trends — they’re looking to SET them!
Our client is making the process of booking hotel rooms ridiculously easy. In short, we’re providing hotels with powerful data distribution infrastructure.
The opportunities we hear you ask?
We’re looking for self-motivated folks to expand our clients high-performance team. You’ll be a brilliant fit if you’re obsessed with self-development, Stripe-level quality & reliability, smashing targets, and moving at a red-hot pace (hello, start-up life!)
Covid-19 has forced almost every industry in the world to adjust in 2020, and none more so than the travel industry. It is however, an exciting time to be in Travel Tech, with endless opportunities opened up for innovation and forward-thinking that will help jump start the travel industry. Our client is also backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, they’re on the cusp of launching a product that will connect people and travel once again.
A brief overview of what you will be doing:
- You’ll be responsible for helping generate meetings with large hotel chains for our clients Account Executive team. Working closely with them you will analyse the most effective channels and tactics to book meetings e.g. cold calling, Linkedin.
- You’ll also work closely with marketing to generate a pipeline of individual hotels which you’ll be responsible for closing onto our platform
Being one of the early members of the Market Associate team you’ll be expected to help build our clients best practices, process and tactics as they scale, and help coach new joiners.
Alongside the AE team in your region you’ll be expected to be entrepreneurial and work with management to establish our clients brand in the region.
You should apply to this role if:
- You want to be part of the future of the hospitality industry.
- You have experience working in the travel tech space, ideally from companies such as AirBnb | Secret Escapes | Expedia
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience in the luxury travel or hospitality industry.
- Have experience in a team building a new market.
- You love a high paced environment with no 2 days the same. You have a healthy competitive streak and love hitting targets both individually and as a team.
- You have mid-senior level of experience generating new business & achieving targets.
- You have experience negotiating and closing accounts.
- You enjoy negotiation and conversion, you thrive on challenging targets and nothing beats the joy of overachieving.
- You are entrepreneurial with an innate ability to take ownership of an area with little direction required.
- You understand the tactics and strategies to build an outbound sales process, and how to iterate on it.
- You share our clients organisational vision of democratising travel and enabling innovation across an entire industry.
- You’re exceptionally good at giving feedback, both up and down and are always looking for ways to help and level up those around you.
- You ask a lot of yourself and have demonstrable experience of being high performing in everything you do.
- You thrive on excellence, autonomy and questioning conventional wisdom.
You shouldn’t apply if (we want to be as honest and transparent as we can):
- You’d prefer a stable role with clear and consistent role expectations, over a role which will need to be constantly elastic and flexible.
- You have no experience working in the travel tech space and do not have experience from companies such as AirBnb | Secret Escapes | Expedia
- You have less than 2 years experience in a relevant role.
- You value stability in a product and company, over change and fast-growth.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You think lofty goals are better left to renovation builders.
What you will get in return?
- Loved ones budget - bring your loved ones to visit you, totally on us up to £750 per year, however near or far from home you are.
- Flexible working hours; meaning you can plan your workday around your own schedule. #flexappeal.
- Generous raise opportunities - pay reviews bi-annually, with 3.5x the average increase, using a fair, transparent and consistent formula.
- Totally Flexible benefits; meaning you can build your own adventure to create the most meaningful benefits package to you and your family and lifestyle - including over £100 per month on the H&W + Lifestyle activities of your choice.
- Free Food & Drinks - through our weekly Lunch-Buddies initiative.
- 1,000 Professional Development budget per year to invest in your own growth, with constant support from your manager.
- Social Events & Budget - a mixture of in-person (go-karting, mini-golf) and remote events.
- Personalised Workspace Budget - to rent out the perfect office equipment for you, in addition to the monthly WFH stipend.
- 36 Days Holiday per year - that’s in the top 14% in the UK.
- 1 Unsick Day per year - to keep on top of that healthcare admin.
- The flexibility to work anywhere in Europe, in the home office or co-working space that suits you and your preferred work environment.
- Remote Experience Manager and the ability to get involved in our clients unique pop up parties.
- You'll work for a company that's proactive about its social responsibility within the travel industry.
- You’ll work for a company truly passionate about D&I to the extent that we made a D&I deck You can help build a company that intends to support diversity and inclusion at the grassroots.
- We're Flexified, meaning we've been officially approved as a flexible workplace.