Our client is a global tour operator specialising in sustainable cultural adventures. They strive to deliver a quality and friendly service with integrity, determination and passion. This is at the heart of the organisation, and seek for every individual to bring and demonstrate this daily.
You’ll be accountable for the performance of your small team of Travel Consultants (max. 7), maximising their potential to deliver world-class customer service. Your role will be to coach, inspire, guide and motivate your team to get the most out of every individual, supporting them to hone their sales skills, deepen their destination knowledge and excel at customer service.
The Day to Day:
- Holding team meetings.
- Scheduling weekly 1-2-1 check-ins.
- Monthly individual consultant performance reports to Branch Sales Manager with analysis.
- Bi-annual consultant performance reviews (including appraisal forms and Personal Development Plans).
- Training sessions and resources for new starters and more experienced staff.
- Complaint handling escalations where required.
- Ensure enquiries received are responded to quickly and to a high standard and proactive monitoring of individual workloads and performance.
- Ensure sufficient capacity at all times by monitoring absences across the team and communicating effectively with sales management colleagues.
- Implement sales policy, process and procedure, ensuring guidelines are embedded and adhered to across the team.
- Design and deliver skill and knowledge training, ensuring a holistic approach that shares best practice and integrates this amongst the team.
- Provide first line support, responding to team questions and assisting to successfully resolve customer complaints or escalations.
- Regular collaboration with Sales Management colleagues to contribute toward the continuous improvement of function performance both within branch and globally.
- Devise engaging sales incentives and communicating achievements to sufficiently inspire and motivate team.
- Monthly reporting of team sales performance and progress towards KPIs (including commission) to Branch Sales Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Extensive sales experience, ideally in travel or similar B2C environment.
- You are positive, mature and self-motivated, passionate about sales and delivering exemplary customer service.
- First-hand knowledge of Japan and/or Asia destinations.
- Excellent complaint resolution skills.
- Strong coaching skills; ability to guide and coach others to fulfil their potential.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly knowledge of AXUM or other CRM.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to establish rapport and build relationships quickly and effectively.
- First rate communicator, able to adopt style and approach to suit different audiences/contexts.
- Proven leadership ability, whether gained in a personal or professional capacity.
- Exceptional teamwork skills, and an understanding of successful team dynamics.
The Small Print:
- Up to £33k DOE + OTE Bonus
- Hybrid, minimum 2 days in office
- August start date
- Must be commutable to Bristol office
- Mon-Fri, 37.5 hours per week
- Discounted travel scheme (including family & friends)
- Enhanced parental leave
- Designated learning and development time
- Volunteering leave
- Regular staff socials
- 25 days annual leave, increased with each year of service to 28 days
- Birthday off each year
- Employer pension contribution