This company was founded in 2020 operating on two leading principles, transparency and purpose. They create unforgettable trips to inspiring places while directing more tourism revenue to the people and communities protecting our increasingly fragile natural world. In doing so, they hope to send a ripple of change throughout the industry.
We are looking for an experienced luxury travel consultant to join this expanding team. If you’re passionate about travel and want to play a role in the conservation of key destinations around the world, then this is an exciting opportunity to join a new company with big plans.
- Creating tailor-made luxury trips for clients. This involves consultation by email and telephone with the client and some administrative sales support.
- Working to maximise trips' positive impact both on the travellers and on the places they’re exploring.
- Delivering excellent customer care at every step and creating bespoke moments on every adventure, building a relationship to create a portfolio of repeat and referral clients.
- Confidently guiding conversations on responsible travel with each guest, being able to take the customer out of their comfort zone when we know it will benefit them and the destination.
- Collaborating with the support team and partners on the ground to ensure all details are covered and clients have a seamless experience from start to finish.
- Occasionally working on weekends, evenings and public holidays if needed, understanding the nature of our business sometimes calls for this. This can include attending industry events and communicating with clients out of office hours.
- Acting in the best interests of the company and embodying our brand values and ethos.
Key skills and personal attributes
- Ideally 3+ years’ experience in high-end, adventure or nature-based travel, specialising in Africa.
- Strong work ethic and sales driven – but driven by good, not greed.
- Creativity and attention to detail in designing unique and inspiring trips that stand out above the rest.
- Passion in delivering outstanding personal service and willing to go the extra mile to make clients happy.
- Self-motivated, proactive, ability to prioritise multiple tasks and stay calm under pressure.
- Able to manage workload and work to deadlines effectively.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive, open-minded and empathetic attitude
- Flexibility to take on a variety of tasks and willingness to roll sleeves up and support a growing company.
The small print
Salary: £40k + commission (OTE £15k)
Format: Most of the team work Mon, Wed, Thur in a London office but remote working and flexible formats will be considered.
Office hours: 10.00 to 18.00, with some alternative shift considerations.
Annual FAM/research trip
Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC®) course and qualification
25 days annual leave, with extra days for sustainable travel instead of flying considered.