We’re looking for a Learning and Development Manager to join this luxury bespoke tour operator who specialise in creating personalised trips for a mainly US-based clientele, with an extremely high level of service, care and attention to detail.
You will take the lead to consolidate their existing training programs and develop them further in a fast growing business. The long-term aim is to create a robust platform for developing new talent and helping those within the business learn and grow through internal career paths and development.
We’re looking for a candidate with experience in both developing and delivering training who would like to head up a brand new Learning and Development function that will grow with the business. Your role will be key in ensuring that they strengthen their brand and values as they scale.
Whilst the core office is in London, around half of the team are remote and based all over the world. Methods of delivering remote learning will need to be high priority as a result.
If you have a passion for developing and implementing career pathways, have experience in sales and customer service training and a strong background in management training, then we want to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Launch, shape and manage the Learning and Development function with scope for leading and mentoring a talented team as well as providing resources for other managers to deliver training.
- Coordinate all internal and external training both in office and remote.
- Collaborate closely with Senior Leadership Team to identify and execute initiatives that drive performance improvements
- Work closely with managers to develop career pathways for their teams. From Sales to Client Experience, Marketing to Operations
- Setting up and delivering internal skills based training programs as well as identifying needs and sourcing external training
- Craft and deliver high-impact training programs that empower team members
- Take charge of the L&D events calendar, ensuring it aligns with the company values
- Showcase the impact of your efforts by measuring ROI from training activities
- Work with People and Culture team on executing DEI trainings
Who we’re looking for:
- A genuine passion for learning and development, combined with a commitment to continual improvement
- A strategic mindset, capable of forecasting and planning
- Knowledge of the latest learning and development trends, tools, and technologies
- A self-starter with a growth mindset who is committed and able to create and manage their own department
- Someone who listens and hears the team's needs, our people are invested in learning and expanding themselves
- People management experience, able to lead and develop teams
What you’ll need to succeed:
Demonstrated experience in Learning and Development
- Celebrate diversity
- A curious and genuine people-person who is enthusiastic about getting to know the team.
- Listen and be considerate of others’ opinions and ideas
- Problem solve; viewing challenges as a way to grow
- Supportive, positive and keen to embrace the company culture and values
- Highly motivated with an ability to multitask and be driven by selling outstanding itineraries.
- Creative, with a desire to lead the way in travel.
- Calm under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a team player. Help your colleagues to achieve their goals too.
Salary: £45k - £47k DOE
Hybrid format - 3 days a week in the office (Old Street, London)