Our client is an independent, award-winning adventure travel company, running trips for over 25 years, using expertise and first-hand knowledge of selected destinations to carefully craft small group and tailor-made itineraries. They believe sustainable and immersive travel can be a powerful force for good; breaking down barriers, dispelling myths and bringing people from different cultures and communities together.
We are looking for a driven, travel-loving marketeer to take the next steps in their career and step up to a Marketing Manager. The focus is to find a capable person with great experience and skills and give them the tools and support to help grow into the next stages of their career.
The Day to Day:
- Work together with the Head of Marketing to help create and deliver an annual marketing plan.
- Manage events including trade shows, company talks, press releases.
- Write copy for and oversee the design and print of ad-hoc offline items including brochures, direct mail and in-house magazines.
- Come up with ways to increase repeat business from clients including the company loyalty scheme.
- Assess and improve customer communications and CRM at all stages from initial enquiry to booking and welcome home email.
- Respond to PR requests and come up with ideas to increase coverage.
- With the Head of Marketing, come up with marketing strategies to increase sales in American and Australian markets.
- Help proofread marketing material.
- When required, write content for the website to help with SEO.
- Assist the rest of the marketing team as and when required, including helping with the creation of newsletters, social or web content.
- Conduct competitor research and benchmarking.
- Together with the Head of Marketing, help manage and build successful relationships with external suppliers such as brand and media agencies.
- Attend trade shows and functions when required.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in the industry
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ideally 4+ years in marketing with proven results in increasing sales, creating and managing marketing plans
- Experience with managing events and PR
- Experience in copywriting for online and offline media
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and proofreading skills
- Creative thinker with strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-starter and able to work in a team
- Experience managing internal and external partners
The Small Print:
- Hybrid- 1 day per week in Office, 4 WFH
- Opportunity to attend Fam Trips
- Training and career development
- 22 days holiday per year
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Company Pension (3% employer contribution and 5% employee contribution)
- Regular team socials