We're into double digits with candidates placed into this team and every single one has glowing reviews on the company. They are a luxury travel outfit providing fully bespoke itineraries to regions across the globe. As well as being known for their excellent service levels and fantastic product, they look after their staff extremely well, with a huge focus on company culture & wellbeing.
About the role...
This is a brand new role within the company which will involve setting up and developing a positive impact framework with a core responsibility to make the travel they provide an uplifting experience for all concerned, from the travellers to the people they meet along the way. They believe travel has the power to be immensely positive for everyone if it’s conducted responsibly, and in playing a key role in promoting responsible travel with a positive impact on conservation and community.
- Facilitating high quality, positive impact being part of the decision-making process for the clients
- Working with contracting teams to contact key accommodation partners and investigating their sustainability and positive impact; creating a breakdown of their 'key positive impacts' to be displayed prominently on the website and in communications with clients.
- Monitoring and encouraging positive environmental and social impact as a business in their offices
- Ensuring the positive impact of the business' own work and that of their suppliers to fulfil the vision "to make travel uplifting"
- Working closely with counterparts to establish and communicate the company contribution to larger projects. Helping the team understand the wider projects that are ongoing.
- Working with the marketing team to generate regular communications to the company and travellers to share the work that is being done.
Skills for Success
- Strong work ethic and passion for responsible travel
- Able to drive the business forward by inspiring others and bringing fresh new ideas to the table
- Driven and determined to always do better and help the company be a leader in the industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very well-organised and able to manage time and priorities effectively
- Operating in a fair, honest and open manner with colleagues and suppliers to foster trust and mutual respect
- A ‘big picture’ mindset and a collaborative mentality able work cohesively with a variety or teams and individuals
- Positive attitude to seek solutions in your work and create a friendly environment in the office.
- A readiness to adapt and embrace change; recommending ways we can improve
- Ability to actively listen and demonstrate empathy and self-awareness
- Flexibility to take on a variety of tasks and willingness to roll sleeves up and support colleagues.
- Humility and openness to learn and share with other
- Enthusiastic and self-starter
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a sustainability-related role or study, preferably in travel
Salary: Up to £41,000 (DOE)
Flexible hybrid working format with an office in Old Street